How to protect your children from sexual predators in the internet?
The reality of today is kids are far more technology literates than their parents are. They can do a lot of things on the web without their parents noticing or even suspecting. So in a way, I think it’s the industry’s responsibility to provide parents some assistance via technology to prevent children from falling prey to the dangers of online pornography.
For the meantime, here are some tips that parents can use to at least minimize the possibility that their children will be victimized:
1. Never put computers in kids’ bedrooms—the living room is better;
2. Detach webcam and microphone if not in use;
3. Limit child’s Internet time;
4. Make Internet activity a family activity.
5. As parents, we should always be updated with technology and if possible be as technology literate as our kids.
It will not be wise if we prevent our kids from accessing the web. The advantages of the Internet are far greater than its disadvantages. As they say on TV - “Parental Guidance is advised”.